Using Audacity

Standard

Original version of the story found here

So in my Multimedia Design class, we had to work with audio. We used a program named Audacity to shorten a podcast by 60 seconds.

Overall, Audacity is a confusing program. It took me a good while to get used to it so I could actually edit the file, and I only learned a little of the basics. But once I got the hang of it, the project was easy to do.

The things I edited out were:

  • A lot of the song
  • Bits of the news cast
  • One part of the sponsorship

The Rationale for these cuts:

  • The song took up a huge chunk of the original piece. I’d estimate about a minute of the original was just of the song. Also, there were parts where someone was laughing in the middle of the song. It’s very distracting to the story.
  • There were bits of the news cast that were unnecessary. It made it seem like the person was just saying stuff to waste time.
  • The sponsorship was long. It felt like it still got the point across if it was short.

The editing took a while to do, considering the transitions between the singing and the speaking. It was hard to figure out what parts of the song to keep without having the transitions sound weird.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s